Kenya will be hosting the Sustainable Blue Economy Conference (SBEC) from 26th to 28th November, 2018. The venue of the Conference will be the Kenyatta International Conference Centre (KICC), Nairobi, Kenya.
The Conference will avail an opportunity for global, continental and regional dialogues to take place around the opportunities that cities and towns present not only for sharing experiences, technological advances and data on maximum opportunities of the blue economy, but also for twinning or bringing together cities and towns to work in a collaborative manner.
The expected outcome of the Conference is:
- Maximizing opportunities of the blue economy in the context of cities and towns
- Better collaboration between cities and towns, and between countries, and continents around the world.
- Identification of better governance structures and ideas that improve the economic transformation
- Identification of technologies that can help accelerate sustainable development
- Building better towns and cities around the blue economy
The Conference is preparatory to the 2020 Ocean’s Conference which Kenya will be co-hosting with Portugal. The goal of the Global Blue Economy Conference is to have action-oriented discussions pertaining to a sustainable blue economy strategy that is people-centric, with ocean-centric investments.
Please click below for video